Few Amazing 20K Running/Training Plan
Exercising has its benefits, both mentally and physically. Regular exercise not only boosts our mood, but it also makes our body feel young and rejuvenated. Research says that if we exercise regularly, the risk of many health disease decrease. Exercise has an instant and long term effect on our body. Out of all physical activities, running is considered one of the best as it reduces our stress, improves our health, and also helps in maintaining our weight. Running is the best form of exercise as it is quite common and it doesn’t cost anything, and for running, we don’t need any particular place or time.
Some runners are nowadays participating in different running events like marathons, a 10k training plan, and 20k running plans. To participate in such activities, runners are taking running tips from professionals. Proper running shoes and insoles are essential as these will protect our knees and ankles from receiving the strains.
20K Running Plans:
20k running plan or half marathon is 13.1-mile running events in which runners participate. These events are generally organized to support a cause. As 13.1 is a long-distance that everyone has to cover, they should need to follow some running tips.
- We have to cover a long distance, so it’s always better to start slow and give the body to get accustomed to the environment. Later we can maintain a constant speed and cover the full distance.
- Sprinting is another technique that runners follow. Running a short distance for a short period and then slowing down.
- Taking control of our breathing is very important, so while running, we should concentrate on our breathing pattern. Once out of breath, it will be challenging to come back to normal.
- Prior training is critical, so we should start training our body 12 weeks before the marathon.
- Proper running shoes and insoles are a must on the list.
- The runner should maintain a proper diet before the event.B
- The runners should eat food rich in carbohydrates before the race as the body needs a lot of carbs.
- The runner should have finished their meal 60 minutes before the run to prevent vomiting while running.
- One of the most important things that we must keep in mind is to keep themselves hydrated. As they are going to sweat a lot while running, they need to drink energy drinks and water from time to time.
- Don’t forget to take rest in between the run, as it will help the body to recover and give us the energy to run more.
- After the event is over, it’s crucial to give the body some rest and proper carbohydrates rich food.
Running allows us to sleep better and to maintain a healthy weight. A good run triggers hormone release, which helps in improving our mental health. Running lowers the risk of heart disease and cancer. So it’s essential that from time to time, we participate in such a marathon for a healthy way of living.